JMIS- UPVAN for Grades ANKUR (Nursery) and PALLAV (K.G.)
The (Pre-School & Pre-Primary) Early Years Programme (EYP)
A place where toddlers can discover the fascinating world of fun and friends, the pre-school at The J M International School lays the foundation for a lifetime of self-learning and related skills. A wide range of activities like drawing, coloring, cutting tearing, pasting, plasticine and clay work, creative worksheets, poetry, public speaking, circle-time, discovery hour, vocal music, orchestra, dance, storytelling, dramatics, puppetry, sand-play, water-play, Montessori-activities, indoor and outdoor games, karate, skating, excursions, events, celebrations, film-time, audio-visual study modules and working with computers are introduced to children to facilitate learning through the play-way method.
The focus in ANKUR & PALLAV is on learning through experience. Applicable to both, academic skills as well as co-curricular activities during Pre-school and Pre-primary school years, learning through experience are achieved through exposure to many activities. Development of the child’s scientific temper, the evolution of a questioning, inquisitive mind, self-expression and communication, Language development, Pre-Math and Number skills, self-awareness, environmental awareness, self-confidence along with spatial, motor, social and emotional skills will be honed and transacted through the curriculum. The skill assessment is on the basis of day-to-day observation.
GRADE ANKUR (NURSERY)
Speech and Drama for nursery students is language in action with stories, music, props, and characters to engage children. By incorporating rhymes, songs, puppets, and our specially selected collection of literature into our classes, we enable young children to develop their use of language in a stimulating yet natural setting. Children are encouraged and motivated to develop inquiry-based learning as independence is nurtured, as our teachers create a fun and friendly environment to build confidence and expressive communication from a young age.
The program includes:
• Music, songs, and movement games: Children learn to focus through exposure to music and movement.
• Art and craft: Children develop their fine motor skills while stimulating their creativity.
• Free play: Children develop fine motor skills, confidence, independence, and social skills.
• Stories and poems: Reading stories aloud stimulates young children and develops expressive language.
• Drama: Creativity and imagination are fostered through role-play activities.
GRADE PALLAV (KINDERGARTEN)
The Speech and Drama segment for PALLAV students is based around stories and poems which appeal to children’s interests, whilst helping them develop self-awareness and an understanding of their own abilities. Children develop language skills through our thematically-structured curriculum, designed to support creativity, imagination, and boost self-esteem. Our teachers nurture teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills as the children extend their experiences through drama and try out different roles and ideas. This experience helps them develop co-operation and creativity and provides an appropriate, child-centered introduction to performance. Our teaching methodology supports children’s development of communication skills and self-leadership abilities in a natural progression, starting with initial self-discovery and moving on to self-actualization as young adults who contribute their talents at home, in school, and in society. Such self-leaders express their best selves through resources and skills mastered through the Speech and Drama process: confidence, creativity, co-operation, and collaboration with others, compassion, courage, cognition, and commitment to continuous growth. Speech and Drama enable the discovery and development of our faculties and stimulates learning through experience and exploration. Skills are mastered over time through practice within the security of a group.
Our Curricular aims:
• Experiential/Conceptual/Application based & burden less learning.
• Strengthening of phonetics and sight word reading skills.
• A lot of discussions, hands-on activities, and concept building.
• Extending the learning beyond classrooms through excursions and visits.
• Application of knowledge and understanding rather than rote learning.
• Correct letter formation, Impressive handwriting, and work presentation.
• Developing creative and ‘thinking’ minds.
• Strengthening of English speaking skills.
• Strengthening of drawing and coloring skills.
• Strengthening of public speaking skills and participation in assemblies and other activities.
• Development of pre-learning concepts in children – a sense of size, grouping, segregation,
sorting, arranging, grading, sequencing, placing, tearing, cutting, pasting, spatial sense, etc.
• Development of speech and drama skills (EDU-drama).
• Development of motor, psycho-motor, neuromuscular, physical, social, and emotional skills.
• Overall Personality development of our children.
• Above all making learning an enjoyable experience for children.