J M International School
Has been the proud recipient of the
International School Award
for outstanding development of International dimension in the curriculum.
The British Council International School Award (ISA) is an international accreditation that recognizes and celebrates exemplary practices of internationalism in schools. ISA provides a framework for schools to develop an action plan and implement international activities throughout the year, and encourages schools to collaborate with overseas schools to create a rich learning experience for students through use of ICT, creative pedagogical practices and real context for learning.
Accessing a world of culture, collaboration and learning
The British Council International School Award supported our school in embedding international learning into our curriculum which gave pupils and teachers a new perspective on the world, and the skills to work in a global economy.
The British Council International School Award provided an opportunity to benchmark our school’s international work against a globally recognized standard.
It has been like opening a window onto other cultures and bringing the world to our classrooms by forming a partnership with schools overseas to teach our pupils about life in other countries and develop them as global citizens.
THE INTERNATIONAL DIMENSION IN JMIS CURRICULUM
• We linked our school with others around the world
• Our children explored about other countries and cultures
• International School Award provided an internationally recognized accreditation for our school’s international work
• Teaching – learning methods were enhanced through sharing best practice from other countries.
• We integrated global themes into our learning programme and our activities
• Children accessed the diverse cultures of the world and acquire the spirit of collaboration and global village
• Links were created between teachers from other countries, facilitating the sharing of best practice and the development of new skills
• It gave the school a new ethos and an outwardly facing identity
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organization for educational opportunities and cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide.
It works with a wide range of Indian partners in cities all over India enabling British and Indian experts to meet and collaborate and to nurture mutually beneficial relationships.
Rob Lynes, Director, British Council India
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the United Kingdom and other countries with a belief that it brings the people of the UK and India closer together, and helps build greater understanding.
With a network of 9 centres across the country and last year BCI engaged with over 500,000 people in India directly, and a further 18 million through digital and remote services. It offers ambitious programmes in English, the Arts, Education and Society to create opportunities for young people to develop new skills, become better qualified, introduce an international dimension to their learning or profession, and develop a better understanding of other cultures.