RECOMMENDATIONS TO PARENTS
- Parents are requested to closely monitor their child's progress by paying attention to their punctuality, discipline, school assignments and circulars. Please check almanac/ cloud9 application of your ward every day for homework or any other instructions, if given.
- Please ensure that children are regular and punctual to the school.
- Parents are not expected to ask for the child's leave on working days, particularly to attend functions and to go for pleasure trips.
- Check the haircut, identity card and general hygiene and health (fitness) before sending the child to school.
- Please inform the school in writing, if there is any change in your address, telephone number, bus route, learner's doctor or transfer of the father or mother along with documenatry evidence(s).
- Please deposit the school dues on time.
- Due to safety and secuirty concerns, students will no be allowed to enter the school premises 15 minutes prior to the stipulated school timings or stay any longer than 15 minutes after the dispersal. The parents should make their arrangements accordingly. Outside the school gates/ premises, it is the parent's responsibility of the safety of their wards.
- The school uniform is compulsory on all working days. Learners should come to school in neat, clean and proper school uniform. All boys (except Sikhs) must keep their hair short and the girls must tie their hair neatly with a hair band as per the colour of the uniform.
- Please provide a positive environment to your child at home, using discretion and parental judgment, keep track of your child's emotional quotient and value system which is even more important than the intelligence quotient.
- It is always advisable to write/ speak to the school about the concerns regarding your ward to seek guidance.
- Parents are requested to meet the subject/ class teachers after seeking prior appointment with the class teacher.
- Leave for half day or short periods may not be approved for security reasons. Parents are advised to avoid such request.
- On birthdays, children are allowed to distribute only toffees and chocolates of good brand and no other expensive items/ gifts to their classmates. The seeds of simplicity and minimalism should be sown right from childhood.
- Students have to be in their House T-Shirts on days assigned.
- Students from Grade III onwards should come in school uniform on their birthdays too.
- The school requires minimum 10 working days from the date of receipt of any request/ application from parents to process it.
A WORD TO PARENTS
In order to conceive our vision for overall development of children, parents too is expected to visualize the learning process with a progressive outlook.
• Please do lots of reading and discussion with your child, make them think, analyze and introspect.
• Do several learning activities to relate the concepts in books to real life.
• While discussing a topic with the child, enjoy the learning and focus on clarity of concept and understanding of the content in the lesson. Never encourage your child to mug up meaninglessly.
• Please monitor the kind of language child uses and the company he/she follows.
• Encourage creative writing, attempting to answer new questions or questioning in different ways. Child may commit a few mistakes, may earn a lesser grade but eventually he/she would develop a thinking and analytical mind. Is that not what we want to see in our kids? So please don’t panic over 1 or 2 marks, A or B grades. Enjoy and acknowledge the process of learning. Believe me, particularly in this age group, ‘conceptual clarity’ and ‘developing a thinking mind’ are important, rather than the marks & grades.
• Excursions & visits would be an integral part of our learning programme, some special thematic visits could be paid visits too and I would like to see all our children joining all such real life exposures.
• Activities and events would also be the extremely enriching components of our curriculum which leads to all round development of child’s personality. All the children will take part in Morning Assembly, presentations and other activities. So please contribute promptly towards all such activities without a second thought.
• Try your best to give English Speaking Environment to children at home too as the language is not taught but caught. At school, children are surely being exposed to English language in several ways and a good number of our children do understand and converse in English fairly well. However, some are the first generation learners and are in the process of picking up the language fluently.
In the class rooms, the overall transaction, by practice, is in English. However, for the clear understanding of concepts, teachers do need to go bilingual at times. The concept clarity is certainly the most important focus point.
• Syllabus has been planned very thoughtfully. But at times, children take more time to understand a topic, than expected. In such a case, thorough understanding of the concept would be the priority, and we would not prefer to run mindlessly with the syllabus. Parents are expected to understand and acknowledge that children learn at different paces which cannot be always pre calculated. However, formal intimation would be given, wherever and whenever necessary.
• Do work regularly with the children, in a pleasant way. Discipline them through role modeling. Children may not do what you say, but they surely catch what you do.
• There is a lot of violence, excessive media exposure and degenerating value systems around our children. At times, this brings a lot of negativity, restlessness and short attention span in children. So, please limit and monitor the quality of T.V. programmes they watch. Instead, give your quality time to children. Read, interact, play or go outdoors with them. Involve them in the daily chores you do. Let them feel a part and take responsibility.
• Discipline them gently yet firmly by following a well structured itinerary at home. Take all the necessary activities into account. Most importantly, be consistent. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
• Do respect your child’s temple of learning, his/her school. Be positive and supportive towards all the programmes initiated by school.
• Be constructive and volunteering towards all the activities of school curriculum.
• Parents must keep on revising and helping their words on per teacher’s instruction. It should be according to the methods used in class. There is no need to run ahead of the syllabus. There in no hurry. Let the child learn at his/her pace.
• Create a good and conducive atmosphere at home and be a role model. The child ways learns from what his/her parents do, how they talk, how they behave, the language they use etc.
• Encourage the child to wish you and other family members in the morning and before sleeping. Motivate the child to greet the guests and serve them water etc. make sure that you behave in the similar manner, in front of the child.
• Parents must respect each other and respect child’s teachers and school so that the child imbibes nigh kind of values.
• Please make sure that the child is always regular and punctual to school.