Dr. Amita Saxena
Equipped with a rich experience in the field of education, Dr. Amita Saxena, is the Principal of J M International School, Dwarka, New Delhi. Her brilliant professional journey distinctly stands out, as she is the proud recipient of the CBSE Teacher’s Award (National Award-Principal’s Category) in 2019 and also State Teacher’s Award (Principals Category) in 2016.
Among several others, she is also the recipient of Guru Drona Award 2019; Inspiring Educator Award 2018 and 2017 from Rocksports for incorporating adventure sports in the curriculum; Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Award by NGO Parakh 2016 and Inspiring Educator Award received from Ms. Kiran Bedi, for innovative practices in the field of education in 2014.
Her profile showcases her 25 years plus of experience, the intensity/diversity of work, and achievements in different capacities, in different prestigious Institutions like ‘DPS Sushant Lok’, ‘Vishal Bharti School’ among others.
After initially working in various states of India, she started her career in Delhi with Birla Vidya Niketan Pushp Vihar followed by a long association with Delhi Public School, Dwarka, New Delhi. From the year 2005, she has been an ace Administrator & School Principal in prestigious Senior Secondary Schools of Delhi/NCR. She believes technology has opened access to the world and has always worked hard to provide a world of resources for teachers and students.
An ace administrator and a passionate educationist she focuses not only on academic excellence but also on all-round development of her students. She is a team builder and enjoys working with all components of the school community - staff, students, and parents. A gold medallist in B.Ed. and Ph.D. in Botany, she has also successfully completed courses in Differentiated Learning Strategies and Coach Development from WIDE – WORLD HARVARD. With a rich experience of more than 25 years, she sets the bar of excellence very high and inspires everyone to strive for the same. With her experience at all levels of school - primary, middle, secondary & senior secondary she alleviates educational pedagogy in all grades efficiently.
She is a firm believer of ‘Learning for Life’ and keeps accumulating knowledge from certification courses, leadership programs, training and workshops. Some of the courses and training she completed are: -
- Principals’ Leadership Programme at London and Reading – the United Kingdom, conducted by Quality Education Asia;
- Sharing and Learning at Ladakh;
- Visiting SECMOL and The Druk White Lotus School organized by Mind Mingle;
- Leading Schools Leadership Course at IIM Lucknow;
- Green School Training Program from Centre for Science & Environment (CSE);
- Disaster Management Course at SEEDS India New Delhi;
- Group and Collaborative Learning and Teaching for Active Learning workshop by The Teacher Foundation;
- Active Learning workshop by The Teacher Foundation;
- Schools That Care’ –Whole School Quality Circle Time by Ms. Jenny Mosley, Creator of the QCT Model UK;
- International Conference on “Excellence in School Education” IIT Delhi; Career Counselling for Students organized by BVIMR;
- Asian Summit on Education and Skills;
- Global Conference on Skilling in Schools CBSE & Ph.D. Chamber of Commerce & Ind;
- National Summit of School Principals by ICTRC, New Delhi;
- Multiple Intelligence: From Theory to Practice at CCRT Dwarka and Science Teaching Aids Training at Sriram Educare and many others conducted by CBSE.
Schools under her leadership have also received distinct awards: -
- India School Merit Award from Education Today;
- Brain Feed School Excellence Award;
- International School Award (ISA) 2019 - 2022, 2017 – 2020 and 2013 – 2016;
- Recognition to school for being Green School (being among top 70 schools from all over India) for two terms;
- Plastic Free School Award;
- National Health Education and Promotion Award from National Institute of Clinical Research; Human Resource Optimization Award and Best Environment-Friendly School Award from Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology and Medical Sciences University;
- Best Managers of Water Award by Center for Science and Environment (CSE), New Delhi;
- Best Change Makers (State Level) by CSE, New Delhi;
- State Level Recognition for Science Exhibition Model of Salinity Gradient by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE);
- Zonal Science Exhibition Award for Disaster Management Model by Department of Education;
- District and State level recognition in sports and cultural events, to name a few.
She is a passionate environmentalist and cleanliness crusader, who takes up the cause with zeal and leads students in her school to achieve their goals of being good human beings first and successful individuals later. A team player with strong interpersonal skills J M International School is set to evolve further under her able guidance.